90 day review

On time 5
Cooperation 2
Appearance 3
Professionalism 3
Productivity 1
Patient care 5

Yes, that is my 90 day review. (5 being the best) No, it is not accurate. The “crappiest ambulance company on earth” uses a computer to formulate your review. ‘Computer’ as in some random software that the company bought on the street for five cents.
I inspected said computer for eyes, a mirror, or hidden camera and found none. Even so, I scored a 3 for appearance.

The bottom of the review said that by signing, it meant that I have read and understand the review. I asked, “Can I refuse to sign this? Or would that further lower my cooperation score?”

I took it to the guy above my supervisor and inquired into this idiocy. He said that I looked better than half of the employees there and I had been on for 26 hours and was going home, so I probably deserved more than a 3. I pointed out that I am an obsessive professional, (although I didn’t mention that it was really hard when you hate the job). He said that he would put together a real review. One done by real humans who are literate and have eyes and have met me.

To be honest, I don’t think that will ever get done. And, to be honest, I don’t care. I really don’t care what they think of me at that job. I just don’t want a future employer to call them and say, “Why did she get a 2 in cooperation?” and have them answer “I dunno, ‘cause the computer said so.”

I also don’t care because I hope to be leaving there soon. I have just taken a per diem job somewhere way better. I am assured that it will turn into a full time spot in a few months. With the crappiest ambulance company on Earth, I am just a shadow of a paramedic. I cannot wait to be a real one again.

Comments

Slack said…
What a bunch of corporate crap. I don't even know you and I could probably come up with better review. I hope you get out of there soon! Don't let it suck the life out of you.

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs