90 day review

On time 5
Cooperation 2
Appearance 3
Professionalism 3
Productivity 1
Patient care 5

Yes, that is my 90 day review. (5 being the best) No, it is not accurate. The “crappiest ambulance company on earth” uses a computer to formulate your review. ‘Computer’ as in some random software that the company bought on the street for five cents.
I inspected said computer for eyes, a mirror, or hidden camera and found none. Even so, I scored a 3 for appearance.

The bottom of the review said that by signing, it meant that I have read and understand the review. I asked, “Can I refuse to sign this? Or would that further lower my cooperation score?”

I took it to the guy above my supervisor and inquired into this idiocy. He said that I looked better than half of the employees there and I had been on for 26 hours and was going home, so I probably deserved more than a 3. I pointed out that I am an obsessive professional, (although I didn’t mention that it was really hard when you hate the job). He said that he would put together a real review. One done by real humans who are literate and have eyes and have met me.

To be honest, I don’t think that will ever get done. And, to be honest, I don’t care. I really don’t care what they think of me at that job. I just don’t want a future employer to call them and say, “Why did she get a 2 in cooperation?” and have them answer “I dunno, ‘cause the computer said so.”

I also don’t care because I hope to be leaving there soon. I have just taken a per diem job somewhere way better. I am assured that it will turn into a full time spot in a few months. With the crappiest ambulance company on Earth, I am just a shadow of a paramedic. I cannot wait to be a real one again.

Comments

Slack said…
What a bunch of corporate crap. I don't even know you and I could probably come up with better review. I hope you get out of there soon! Don't let it suck the life out of you.

Popular posts from this blog

Dueling Blogs

WAP, the reveal!

Are those trauma shears in your pocket, or...