Blogiversary 7

Seven years ago the blog and I were just getting started.  I hope that's still true today.  I wish I had something interesting to say to mark the occasion, but...
I am happy to see that bloggers have less of a stigma than they did seven years ago. At least it seems to me that there are more serious bloggers now and it's not all pointless musings and quiz results.  I am sure in many circles, blogging is still considered in inferior form of writing.  But in this day and age, I'm glad that writing appears to be alive and well.  Though it is barely alive in this blog.
I am thinking of breathing new life into this blog with a weekly 'column.'  I've often thought that I was well capable of being hired by a paper and banging out 500 (?) words to get the general public thinking.  Also, if I set a deadline for myself it is far more likely to be completed.  The current blog related deadline is whenever I feel like it or remember to or am inspired to post.  That is not often enough these days.
So, I guess now that I've written this down, I will come up with some topics and see what happens.

I used to ponder how to increase my readership.  I wondered if it was better to post every day, every hour, or every week to get more hits.  I thought if I started 'labeling' posts that more people would accidently find me via google searches.  I guess I have gotten some hits that way, but they don't appear to be looking for a blog to read.  These days I am less bothered if other people read it.  Seeing as very few people do, I do wonder why I bother to publish this to the internet at all.
I still hope that people read.  Moreso, I hope they read it and take something from it, but that is a lofty hope.  Especially as my recent posts have been mostly about my lack of posts.  And, as I said last month, there are only so many ways to describe a car accident.  But, if it's really good, I'll try. 

Happy Anniversay, blog.

Comments

Unknown said…
each i read you post.. i take something from it.. Heres to many more years of blogging.. Love love love
louelena said…
As someone who considers blogging "an inferior form of writing" yet writes a blog herself, the blog is great! Keep doing it because "an inferior form of writing" is better than no writing at all!

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs