Normalcy

I have lived here now for four months. I am comfortable in my part of the city. I've learned short cuts, the best time to go to the library, and when Sainsbury's discounts their baked goods for the day. I am more at ease with the conflict between being here to study and being on vacation. At the moment, it is a calculated balance. I do not need to fret over wasted time, I can just live life. It is okay to sit and watch movies; to have an ordinary day here. Though, I have a feeling that when spring rolls around, I'll be thinking differently.
The novelty of cooking, cleaning, doing laundry, and shopping in a foreign country is sadly gone for the most part, but having normalcy here is in itself extraordinary. Living like a local is the whole point. Oh yeah, and doing good school work too.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Dueling Blogs

Are those trauma shears in your pocket, or...

WAP, the reveal!