The Switch On

Tonight was Coventry's Christmas light "switch on." It's a nice event held in towns across the UK where people get together, entertainment is provided, and a semi/real celebrity pushes a button or something to switch on the city's Christmas light display.
During the day today, Cov had a Chinese Market, a display of real reindeer and penguins, and a lifesize gingerbread house (disappointingly not edible.)

There was entertainment by some singers I'd never heard of, mostly because I've never seen x-factor or Britain's got talent. The switch on was done by Wallace and Gromit, the Mayor and his wife, and that guy from "A Hitchhikers Guide." So, not a bad line-up! It was a pretty nice atmosphere and not too cold. I was actually surprised that so many people turned up, but it probably shows my inexperience with such events.
Afterwards I went to the "Light in our Darkness" service at the cathedral to mark the beginning of Advent. I can't believe it's already that time of year!
Christmas for me this year will be spent in a village in Stropshire with a host family. Should be intersting!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs