Cov Update 4

I am pleased to report that I got my Coventry address. It’s approved off campus post grad housing. That’s a mouthful. But it includes a single room, shared kitchen and bath, internet, renters insurance, and a gym membership.
Thanks to the glorious google maps, I can get a street view of the building and surrounding area. This exploration let me to find several nearby ATMs, the ubiquitous “corner shop” other shopping and dining areas, and most importantly (at the moment) a huge IKEA mere blocks from my flat. I can now feel far more confident knowing that I no longer need to worry about packing a plate and a bowl, as I can get that stuff there, including bedding, hangers, a “püblie” and a 99p saucepan.
And in a pinch, I can eat Swedish meatballs everyday using a snärflat, or a fork.
Also, I am apparently I am incapable of spelling Swede, Sweden, or Swedish; just look at my facebook.

Comments

Unknown said…
lol

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Send_to_Coventry

(sorry if you've heard this one)
aendr said…
The (British) English for ATM is "cash machine" :-)

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs