Class

This semester I returned to the classroom and am taking a writing class. Here's where all three of my regular readers exclaim "Ellie, your writing is already so awesome, you don't need a silly writing class!" Ah, but one can always improve. Ha Ha. I'm also taking the class for fun and because I missed learning which apparently moves me into the "super dork" category. I can't help it. It's been fun so far, at the very least there are some amusing people in class.
I worry that the more I learn, the more I over analyze my writing, and I don't want to get hung up on writing like a writer if that makes any sense. I don't want to get stuck in over detailed cliches like Flora Poste in "Cold Comfort Farm" struggling to get the right details for her 'golden orb.'
So, I had to write a little something and then our teacher didn't even collect it in class. I was sad, as every writer cannot wait for people to read and critique their writing. Seriously. Well, it would certainly be preferable for the teacher to read it and be so struck that she wrote A++++++ all over the classroom and then called her publisher friend immediately because the world could not wait for such moving writing. But if I keep writing run-on sentences like that, the chances are slim.
I figured since no one else has read it save a couple people in class, I'd 'publish' it here. I am afraid though, that it is a rather dreary piece, such is the nature of a paramedic writer. But, what do you think?

Comments

Anonymous said…
" "Ellie, you're writing is already so awesome, you don't need a silly writing class!" "

lol
Anonymous said…
Ellie, your writing is already so awesome, you don't need a silly writing class!

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs