Ow, my eyes!

I’ve forgotten to mention that I finally got my squirrel vest at work. Really it’s just a fleece vest to keep warm in the frigid northland, but it has my name on it and stuff, and the absolute highlight is a large and reflective patch on the back that says “Paramedic.” It is awesome. I think it could be larger and more reflective, but then it might blind people if they shine a flashlight at my back.

I’ve been kayaking a lot. I went four times last week. On Monday it was wicked windy, about 10-15 mph. It was making the water really choppy and wavy. It was so much fun. I got all wet, but it was good fun. On Friday, it was really cold. I had to wear a jacket for the first time in the season, and I wished that I had invested in kayaking gloves already. But, I am working on a great callus on my right thumb which is pretty hardcore.


Work wise, I have had four relatively uneventful shifts. On Wednesday we had an abdo pain who I gave phenergan so as to prevent her breaking my #1 rule of riding in my ambulance, no vomiting. Our next call was for a guy who walked into the station, in search of detox. We ended with a chest pain which resolved with nitro before we even got there.

On Thursday the most entertaining call was for a possible overdose. We found our patient who had taken heroin for the first and probably last time. No, not because they stopped breathing, but because she was completely freaking out. She was crying, sweating, hyperventilating, complaining that her head hurt, that her bones hurt...drugs are bad. Then we had zero calls from 1a-7a, sweet!

Saturday and Sunday we had, like, a billion BLS calls, and a femur fracture to close out the weekend with some morphine.

Comments

PDXMedic said…
I think the world needs a photo of you modeling your squirrel vest.

(And I'm jealous. I don't get any big reflective patches.)

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs