Calls

How about a good old fashioned call round up?

A pleasantly confused old lady with a fever. 'Would you tell me your birthday?' Huge, mischievous smile 'No.' 'Alright, you do what you do.' 'Thank you for a great dinner.' 'Anytime.' 'I'm so glad that's over.' 'Yes. Me too'. (Continues to hospital).

A kid that ate iron supplements. PS. this can be VERY bad for adults but especially children. But in the first stages, all I had to deal with was another kid whom didn't quite like me.

A kid who stabbed themselves with an adult epi pen. PS. I don't really know how bad this can be especially when everything is fine after 45 minutes. Poison control agreed in this instance.

A delightfully bright elderly lady with basically nothing wrong with her. When I stood her up from her chair she was about a head and a half shorter than I am. There was a pregnant pause before she said. "That's as high as I'm going to get!" "Hey, I wasn't going to mention it." I said innocently. "You wanted to. I could tell." I want more patients like her.

A patient with flank pain called at midnight. Within the last week they'd been seen in the ER three times for the same thing. No primary physician.

Someone with a pulse of 35 and a BP of 70/p. Both very not good. But a patient I can treat?! Amazing. Lots of generic chest pains and sick people: aspirin, zofran, yay yay yay!

Comments

You should know by now. . . ! said…
I'm loving these last 4 entries! It gives me such insight to your world. Liked the comment you received from an apparent stranger who appreciates your job! Keep on keeping on! You're the best!

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs