Step 2 of 1 Million

Last week I stayed up until midnight, on a day when I really didn't want to, in order to register for spring classes.  I have a vague memory of the first time I went to community college of waiting in line and hoping that the class you wanted and fit perfectly into your schedule would be open.  Now, I just have to remember a password (or let google remember it for me) and register in the comfort of my living room.  I am probably wearing the same outfit.

I've been taking medical terminology online.  This is my first and hopefully last foray into online class-taking.  From the beginning I felt very old.  It took me way too long to figure out how to get to the class, find assignments, and just figure out what the hell was going on.  Oh, my I felt old.  I did figure it out and I am just going to assume that every student in an online class is cheating.  Basically, especially in a class based on memorization, everything is open book.

Once I figured everything out, I learned why everyone likes online classes. I'm practically finished with the whole thing and it's only the second week.  Self paced, for the win!  Hopefully it will serve as a good review of A&P, which I'll be taking in the spring.  That class in itself should be a review, though I last took it (gasp!) 10 years ago.  I did not realized that sciences expire.  I think that I've figured out what to do to be ready to apply to the PA program in April (2016!).  There's an information session later this month that will hopefully confirm my suspicions and solidify my plan.

Until then, work, work, work.  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs