Friends with Kids

To my friends with kids (and that's just about all of you now):
I miss you.  I'm inexplicably proud of you and excited for all the positive changes in your lives. I haven't been there for you like I thought I would.  But life, in many forms, gets in the way.  I know we're on different planes of life now and it's selfish to ask; but don't forget me.  It scares me when I see us getting so far apart.  I know you often don't know what to do with me, and that's okay.  I don't know what to do with me either.  I don't want to lose touch for the next 18 years and then catch up when they leave for college.  I want to know your kids.  I want to be in their lives.  It's been an honor to see you all become parents and I want to be there to see you all become great ones.  Maybe one day, you can pass your wisdom on to me. 
I want to see if they get your sense of humor, or your beauty, or your creativity, and I don't want to see it on facebook.  Most importantly, I want to be there for you, and I don't want you to think for a second that I don't.


So, a humble request from your single friend:  I don't want to force myself upon you or cramp your style, but let's hang out sometime that's not a birthday party or special occasion.
That's it.
Oh, and by the way, I can change a mean diaper. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs