Yes, 2.

I want a dog. That's why I adopted two cats. Not that they would ease me into dog ownership. I have come to terms that I can't have a dog while I am still doing this 24 hour shift thing. I know that dog walkers and kennels exist and all that, but those things add an expense to the whole thing and includes giving a complete stranger a key to my house. I digress. I've wanted a cat and just before Christmas I made the biggest mistake someone who 'wants a cat' could make. I went to the pound. It was absolutely busting with elegible cats and the more I looked the more compelled I was to own one. I was Vascilating between the two of these cats. I was unduly infulenced by the volunteer who wanted me to adopt this one cat so badly she could taste it. 'That one's nice, but look at this one! She's such a sad case. She's been here for months too. And she's kind of ugly. And kind of old. But look how sweet she is! Here, sit down. I'll put her on your lap. Oh, she's such a good cat. She really deserves a good 'forever home.' This woman was practically getting teary about my lack of interest in this cat. I'm surprised she didn't tell me it was getting put down the next day. Nay, next hour if I didn't reserve her immediately. But I did anyway. Adopted two. Her peer pressuring aside, I do go to work for a long time and I wouldn't want the cat to get lonely. And two really is the cut-off between normal single person and crazy cat lady. I still don't have a dog, but maybe one day.

Comments

Emily said…
I have a dog you can borrow for a week. Just to try it out.
Anonymous said…
do i count as a dog?

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs