Outloud

Sometimes, no. Oftentimes on calls, little funny thoughts pop into my head. I refuse to say them, of course, because they are either rude, sick, or generally inappropriate.
One evening we were called to an old guy who had tripped on the rug, fell, and wacked his head on the edge of a table. The staff at his nursing home described quite a big gash, but by the time we got there they had it all wrapped up under a huge bandage.
Like many old guys he was a little confused and although had been through a bit of a trauma, he had also forgotten why there was a bandage on his head.

Patient: "Can't you take this big thing off my head?!"
Me: "We can't, 'cause it's keeping your brains in!" (OMG, did I just say that?!) Before I knew it, the words were out and I failed to grab them on their way past my lips. Then came the overly loud giggle, the nervous giggle, and finally the awkard silence.
These are the jokes everybody. I'm here all night. Tip...your...waitresses, I gotta go.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs