Excitement, terror, anticipation

There is an extra little sign dangling off of the 'for sale' sign in the front yard today. It says 'Under Contract'. Two words that fill me with many emotions; mostly excitement, terror, and anticipation. It seems that WAP #3 has progressed rather quickly, more quickly than I expected. But, I've discovered that for me, house shopping is much like dress shopping. I know when I've found one I like, so why keep looking?
Pending maintenance demands and official applications to go through, in a little over a month, I'll be moving my stuff into a 95 year old townhouse in my hometown. I've learned a lot over the last couple of weeks, mostly that mortgages are complicated, houses are needy, and my signature never looks the same way twice. I've never signed and initialed so many things in my life! The most ludicrous thing I've had to acknowledge, other than the dangers of lead paint and radon, I signed a paper that warned me that in this county, sometimes, I might smell manure or have to drive behind a tractor. Though I doubt I'll be smelling manure in the city center, I know now that I can't sue the world to compensate for my suffering. More worrisome, is that someone probably did try to sue the world for having to smell a farm, prompting the need for this disclosure.
So there's that. Weird. It feels so adult and I'm not sure I like it. Though I am very stoked about the whole thing. Then I'm terrified. Then excited. Then scared again. It's cyclical.
For now I'm off to stare at paint colors, research tankless water heaters, and daydream about solar panels.

Comments

PFRussell said…
Congrats Ellie!!
Brad said…
Awesome! :)

~Brad
@EMTGoose

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs