Cheating already! So, this was last week, because today was boring, and all I did was write sentences and go to the gym, neither of which make good photo subjects. And it was cloudy. But the daffodils cheered me up. Don't worry, tomorrows picture will be better. I'm back to the big city. Although I won't be able to post it until the next day. This project is fraught with complication. Or laziness. Or cheapness. Something like that.
I have the immense privilege to be sitting right across from Maddog Medic in the flesh. We aren't speaking, though he is listening to me. Want to solve this riddle? He is transcribing an interview he did with me for his blog at this very moment. And I too am blogging at this very moment! How crazy?! I am stationed this week at the EMS today conference to stock up on professional wheelings and dealings and learn some stuff. This is a wonderful conference full of networking and new products and I learned already that one dose of glucagon costs $130. That's out of control! I cannot wait to catch up on disaster literature and EMS tricks of the trade and get as many free pens as I can at the expo tomorrow. As for now, I'm headed to a class on smart stuff and pediatric breathing problems. I am surrounded by EMS nerds and I love it! I spent the day learning about things above my pay grade such as how to read a chest x-ray and how to differentiate between subarachnoi...
I have always been curious about what other Paramedics/EMTs carry with them when they’re on the job. It is thought that rookies inherently carry so much that their pants fall down and seasoned providers barely carry a working pen. In the world of squirrel holsters, voluminous EMS pants, and hip packs, what do you carry? Here’s me. belt: pager/minitor right pant pocket: leatherman squirt, cash, led flashlight left pant pocket: chapstick, gum, an alcohol prep or two if I’m doing transfers, cell phone (or it's in my jacket) right back pocket: pad of paper left back pocket: hand drawn map right cargo pocket: trauma shears, 2 pens (one zebra pen, one ‘scrote’ pen, penlight, protocol book left cargo pocket: stethoscope (if it’s not around my neck) EMS field guide radio strap: radio (if applicable) right boot: straight razor (just kidding) Any comments appreciated!
Ah so, this vaguely mysterious plan. I can safely reveal it now, because if it falls through it will be the fault of "the system" and not of my own shortcomings. I have been accepted to grad school! That is the wild ass plan, but what makes it particularly "wild ass" is that to go to the school, my next step it to apply for an educational visa. If the plan continues successfully, I will soon be in DC getting my retinas scanned and fingerprints put into a database so that I can be a fake British citizen for a year. Why go to grad school in England? You may ask. Why not. Aside from being a huge Anglophile, I am in a spot in my life where I am unencumbered by mortgages, loans, husbands, children, or anything else big that may prevent this plan from being carried out at a later date. Also, when it's time for me to well, make more money, I can look for a job as a green emergency planner/manager. Though I have a feeling that it will take a long time for the par...
Comments