Elitist Headphones

About two months ago my headphones broke. Not a tragedy, but then a few weeks ago my mp3 player broke. I don't know why, like many of this company's products (which I happily endorse) it decided to stop working (cough-micro-cough-soft!) Oh, that doesn't work as well on paper. Their support was worthless as it actually suggested I mail it to them for 'diagnostics' to the tune of $159. You must be kidding me.
So, I thought long and hard about a replacement. I could buy some crap that would hopefully last me until I got home, or the simpler solution: upgrade. 2/3 of the zunes that I know about broke unexpectedly so I was hesitant to jump back on that bandwagon. Plus, now you can only get the HD version which is not as super awesome as I hoped. Since their inception I have been anti-ipod, simply because everyone had one. That annoyed me. Every other person walking down the street had their blazing white headphones in, mocking the rest of us non-mac minions.
So it was with great eye rolling and sighs that I entered the apple store in Coventry (yeah, we have one!) and passed over the nano, the shuffle, the icrap, the classic, and went straight for the throat: the ipod touch. Within five minutes I was completely impressed. I HATE to admit it, the touch is freaking cool. Internet, games, apps, other superfluous stuff, and it plays music too, lest we forget the actual purpose of the purchase.
I went home to contemplate what I'd seen, and after reading a million reviews and comparisons, and finding it for the cheapest price in North America, I ordered one. I was a more than a little enticed by the union jack cover I got for it. For the last two weeks I have enjoyed my ipod, surfed its tiny internet, and worn my elitist headphones around town feeling very conspicuous. I will be able to afford different ones in a few years.

But seriously, they are the most annoying headphones ever produced by man. It's amazing to think everyone on earth is fooling themselves into thinking that these headphones are practical when all damn day they are falling out of their ears. They're great as long as you are sitting still and perfectly upright. The moment I turn my head one falls out, when I breathe one falls out, when I think one falls out! It's damn annoying, but no one will admit it. Not to mention that those bright white earphones are a dead give away that there is an expensive electronic device in your pocket.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs