Oh Ten. Wait, that's not right.

Last weekend, while trying to describe our usual new years eve activities, I realized how silly our custom of watching 15 seconds of a three hour show just in time to watch a great big sparkling ball come down is. And how difficult it is to describe. I mean, what the heck is that about? It certainly reinforces my theory that new years is a fairly pointless holiday, though the year has to change sometime. Nevertheless, it is a good opportunity to evaluate my, um, goals from last year.

Now, most importantly, I did get a good flashlight for work. Thank you LL Bean. I haven't gotten any further into reading the Bible, so that goal will be tabled to next year. Other than that I'd like to write more, even if I have nothing to say. I'd like to do a better job trying to understand people. But my top priority is to finish this wild ass plan strong, and not to lose sight of why I'm here.

Oh, and write my 600th blog post. Done!

This was the first year ever I didn't have anything specific to do on new years eve. I am missing our big family gathering: an insane day of grazing, gift giving, good food, and catching up. Oh, and squeezing 40+ people into a room built for 10.

Comments

PDXMedic said…
What kinda flashlight did you get?

/EMS nerd

Oh yeah, and happy new year. Don't forget to come back when you're done having all that fun over there!

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs