Trauma (reprise)

I’ve finally caught up on the last few episodes of “Trauma.” I am left wondering if it was be meant to be humorous or depressing for current EMS providers. It’s not exactly littered with inaccuracies, just a few glaring ones instead. For example: let’s work this code for about a minute, let’s enter this burning building, let’s confront this gang, let’s go into a building with a psychotic gunman on the loose, let’s fly this ankle fracture, let’s forget to triage people, let’s crash a car into whatever we want, let’s use our x-ray vision, let’s suture iliac arteries on the street. Most of these things left me whacking my head against the wall. At least they didn't shock asystole!
I get what they’re trying to convey most of the time, but it may be because I’m a medic. The job is already cool; you really don’t have to keep putting your medics in stupid situations to make it cool. And to be more realistic I think they should do some real EMS and do something boring for once!

One thing I do like about the show is that it builds up situations making you think, “oh, a lot could go wrong here.” And once you think you’ve figured what will happen, something absolutely ridiculous does. I’ve laughed aloud as much watching this as I do watching 30 rock.

Comments

medic999 said…
Hi Ellie,

I was just wondering how you got 'Trauma' over here?

I would love to see it before I go on my trip to work with fellow blogger 'The Happy Medic', in San Francisco in 2 weeks but I haven't been able to find it to view on the Internet?
PDXMedic said…
I have seen a few episodes. I think certain persons in my household turn it on just to see me work myself into a state of apoplectic, purple-faced, screaming race at the TV.

Seriously. I throw things.

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs