Plug follow up

When I first arrived, I had the great idea of using a US power strip to power all of my US electronics at once. Genius, right? Of course not! When I plugged it in on the first night, I nearly caused a fire and needed new pants.
So, instead I decided to plug things in individually, using the adapters that I had brought. I had to buy these in a bit of a rush on ebay because the one I originally had only allowed for two prong items to be plugged into it (as opposed to the thee prong plug on most things i.e. laptops).
This worked, but not really. I was afraid of it because it would occasionally spark when I plugged it in. Silly me.
When this adapter failed to work in the library, worried that I would burn it down, I set off to buy an adapter that had a fuse or a voltage adaption feature. I found one with a fuse so I bought it for 7 pounds. Victorious, I plugged the lappy in and it didn't spark once. Totally worth the money, right? Of course not!
The next day, wandering aimlessly, I found another plug adapter with a fuse fore 2.50! I bought it thinking I could return the more expensive one. Wrong, so now I have two.
Today, a few weeks later, I went to the ASDA, and guess what I found? A plug adapter with a fuse for 1.50! No, I didn't buy it but I may have cursed aloud.
Lessons learned. So, if you're traveling to the UK and need an adapter, either buy one from me, or go to ASDA. Plug rant over.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs