The Blitz

I just watched a BBC special called "Blitz: The bombing of Coventry" What an amazing thing to watch while sitting here in the heart of the city, warm and safe in my room, so far from being huddled in a bomb shelter fearing for my life.
November 14 1940, after 10 hours of German bombings, 568 civilians were killed, and three quarters of the buildings in Coventry were destroyed. Here's a short video for those not in the UK. But if you can watch this, please do. I hope like me, you'll come out with a new appreciation for this great city.
(photo taken from the daily mail)
I could nerd out about this too, but I'll leave at that....for now.

Comments

Unknown said…
Your video says 1940, your blog says 1941. Clarification please?

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs