Very Silly Preparations

A lot of things need to be done prior to moving out of the country. An updated passport and visa are a fantastic start. But then there are things that occur to you in the middle of the night, forcing you to scribble some unintelligible words on the back of your hand in the dark. These include changing my car insurance, giving away old clothes, preparing Christmas presents (in August), buying UK plug converters, cashing in my coins, and filling out national registry papers seven months in advance. And then there are some silly preparations.

I switched my version of word to UK English, and now apparently I cannot correctly spell color, enrollment, check, or organize. But, analyze; they'll allow.

I've also changed my facebook to UK English. This means that my favorite TV shows are now my "Favourite TV Programmes" the times are on the 24 hour clock, and the date is written day/month/year (as opposed to the US month/day/year version)
And I've become "UMBC graduate 2006" instead of "UMBC Alum '06" I'm not sure about that.

My google homepage now firstly lists Coventry's weather. Today it is cloudy and a lovely 61° F (16ish °C).

I've put my firefox forecast dealie in Centigrade which hasn't yielded too much confusion as I've had the thermometer in my truck in Celsius for years, subconsciously preparing for a life in backwards world. So, I already know that 22° is just about perfect.

I enjoy these relatively superfluous preps. Any other suggestions?

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs