Basically, can't believe it.

I'm here! Here, in my room, awake at 2 am! After being up for nearly 30 hours I couldn't take it and went to bed at 7 pm. Now I am rethinking that.
But, to the meat of the post.
Since my last post I said goodbye to a lot of things and special people. I've been on two planes, had a five hour layover in Dublin. (where at 8am everyone had a pint except for me) Got both of my bags successfully! Found the Uni people at the airport, took a train, took a British cab, waited a bit more, took a bus, and finally arrived in my building. With bated breath I turned the key (in the wrong direction) and instead of anything I possibly envisioned, found myself in an individual lofted room. Furnished, bed up a ladder, bathroom, closet! I would love to have seen my face when I opened the door. After jumping around with glee for a few minutes I sorted out the internet and talked to mom for a while.
Then I went in search of bedding items, food and TP, my top three needs at the time.
The nearest store looked like the Arbutus Giant in the first week of school when hot pockets were on sale. Things were strewn everywhere, prices confused, parents and their children desperately looking for a fitted sheet in the right size. I managed to get everything I needed there for 20 pounds. Not bad I guess.
From there I got a pasty to eat (pronounced with a long "a" sound) I believe I've raved about these in earlier posts.
I then just walked around and seriously wondered if I were really here! It is a beautiful area here and there are tons of shops. Most of them were closing at 6pm, so I went to a 99p store and got TP and Jaffa Cakes. I have priorities!
I came back to figure out how the hell duvets work, and how to make a bed with a low ceiling.

Short story at the moment, I plugged in my power strip, heard a "pop" smelled some burning and peed my pants as I frantically unplugged everything. Now I can't get anything to work in my outlets. Thus, at the moment I have about an hours worth of battery in the lappy until I take it somewhere else to charge. Oops! So, I'll be turning it off for now, until I can find some more power.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Coventry? Beautiful? Really?

I'll get in touch next time I go if you like?
ken said…
Welcome to the UK:)

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs