Edinburgh on foot

Today I walked around in the morning. I ended up going in a lot of stores, especially outdoor ones which was sweet, and having a tea. I met Andy and Louisa at the Hostel around 1130 and from there we went to the Surgeons Hall Museums at the Royal College of Surgeons. This was pretty sweet, as it had all kinds of medical tools and things preserved in jars. Very cool stuff.
Which leads me to my favorite story of two guys called Burke and Hare, where in 1828 they decided that since the medical school would pay for corpses for educational purposes, that it would be a good idea to lure people to their house, smother them, and then sell the bodies to the school. 16 bodies into it they were caught. Hare threw Burke under the bus basically and Burke was sentenced to a public hanging. He was then publicly dissected and they made a wallet out of his skin. Needless to say, this wallet was at the museum, and on the cover it says "Burke's Skin Pocket Book." Wow, that is a whole new level of punishment. I like it. I mean if more people were publicly dissected, I think there would be less crime.

We then found Jenn and walked around the town. We ended up doing a tour of some of the underground old town that was really creepy. We had a nice dinner and a pint and now all ready for bed, to catch our train early tomorrow morning.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs