15 lead

Sorry Steven, it took me a few days to get your answer. Turns out I couldn't find pictures of a 15 lead, so I had to take a picture of the one out of my book. (credit to Bob Page.)

V4R goes where V4 goes only on the right side. Elevation in this lead alone is diagnostic of a right sided MI. (Occlusion of RCA)




V8 and V9 can show a posterior wall MI.






Ken- thankfully, my patient had a lot going on and his 3rd degree block sort of got better. Here we follow ACLS (advanced cardiac life support) from the American heart association (AHA) Probably the same protocols that you guys follow. Basically the only treatment for symptomatic and unstable 3rd degree block is pacing.

Comments

AFT said…
Hi Ellie

Thanks for the explanation.

I asked around a few people here and have been told that they routinely perform 15 leads in the hospitals, but we don't do them in the ambulance service.

Steven

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs