FWB

So, I moved out of anonymity a bit with the online dating and gave someone my screen name. I'm here to tell you it wasn't a mistake, but instead I am glad I did. Our first and only conversation saved me a lot of time and effort. I probably should get a 'fake' name just to be safe though. If the integrity of my real screen name was breeched, I'd be pretty mad.
We started out with the usual niceties, and he asked me what I wanted out of my online dating experience. I simply answered "a date" which is completely true. In fact, maybe too specific, I mean, I'd settle for "drinks."
I asked him the same question and he said "probably FWB and then see where it leads". Which left me thinking 'am I so out of touch that I don't know the current aim vernacular?' Well, yeah I am. So, a little clarification was needed. Here is the rest of our conversation from there, the only editing was spelling, and the addition of my thoughts in parenthesis.

potential date: honestly probably fwb and see where it leads
me: fwb? (asked in my infinite wisdom)
total ass: friends with benefits
me: oh (WTF?!)
ta: yea
me: thats very honest of you
ta: i m honest person (oh, well that changes everything!)
me: so are you saying friends with benefits w/o a relationship
big jerk: yea i guess and see where it leads (which would be nowhere)
me:
how would you get that without a relationship (my sad naivete shining through)
me: I guess i'm curious b/c I've never had "friends with benefits"
me:
and to be honest with you, not much interest in it
big jerk: not much interst in what
me: (are you some kind of retard?) fwb (duh)
moron: too bad (too bad?!!)
moron: they can be fun and make good friends (so can hookers)
me: so you want a friend you have sex with, just be clear
huge jerk: for the time being and see where it develops
me: to me, it's usually the other way around
me: you have a friend and then see what develops
ass: basically thats what it is just throwing fun in there
me: and fun can only be found in the form of sex?
ass: no friends have the regular fun benefits throw in the sex fun (what? that doesn't even make sense)
no longer potential date: its not that bad as u make it out to be (yes it is)
captain obvious: guess i scared u (I wouldn't say scared exactly)
me: I probably would have found out sooner or later
me: but why (this dating site) isn't everyone on there looking for a real relationship?
delusional: as am i (um...no you're not)
bad boyfriend: but i dont rush into them (do you even buy them dinner?)
huge ass: but i just dont want friends..i like fun to much (right. so do pedophiles)
me: that's interesting (actually, no it's not)
jerk: yep
you're not cute: oh well its me i guess
still trying: not interested? (have you and I been in the same conversation?!)
me: in fwb w/o a relationship?
huge jerk: yea
me: no
still a jerk: k (okay, yeah, bye)

Comments

Medic61 said…
Uh...creeper!

God, how much of an ass do you have to be to tell a girl that in the first conversation!?
Anonymous said…
ugh. Makes me sad to be a man sometimes to see jerks like that.
Unknown said…
Geez.... He gives us good guys a bad name!
PFRussell said…
Hmmm, I have lots of words for that guy. Only one fit for a public forum such as this is "ASS."

Pat
Anonymous said…
OMG!!!
Anonymous said…
http://www.tshirthell.com/store/product.php?productid=890

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs