Indecision

I'll start this out with a quote from my trip sheet: "Pt. very vague when describing symptoms and is slow to commit to having any." I think that is my favorite sentence ever.
The patient called when she had chest pains, or was lightheaded, or nauseas, or was short of breath. Who knew, as even she didn't. By the time we got there she really wasn't sure, and I could tell she regretted even admitting that she felt sick. I would have let her stay home except that her heartrate was 180.
We got her into the ambulance after practically having to push her onto the cot and stop her from counting her pills, going through her purse, or making her bed. She didn't understand that there were slightly more pressing matters than her now abandoned bridge game. Vagal maneuvering, 6mg, and 12mg of adenosine later her heartrate was still 180. She still couldn't decide really how she felt. Although, when we got to the hospital she broke my number one rule. I had gone through my usual gamut of questioning, and she denied everything. Of course, as soon as the doctor asked the same questions, she suddenly remembered that yes, she did have diarrhea, and well, now that she really thought of it, maybe she did have chest pain. Thank you oh so much for making me look like an idiot.
They fixed her in the ER with some cardizem.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs