Some Search Terms

Recently, I have gotten an inordinate amount of google search terms that have to do with weighing in stones. For the record, 1 stone = 14 pounds. Which is an ego booster really. Kind of like kilograms. “I only weigh 59 kilos.” “Oh really, well I only weigh 9 stone!”

Here are a few more recent search terms that I found interesting.

“how much do I weigh in England” I know that England is very weird, with the whole driving on the left, sitting on the right thing. I know they call chips crisps and fries chips and cookies biscuits. But, England is not the moon. I would guess that you weigh the same in England as you would anywhere else, for example, the United States. Unless, say you took a very long boat ride there and you were sick the whole time and got scurvy. Then you might weigh less in England.

“how much do stones weigh in Britain” That would depend on the stone.

“Pictures of paramedics working” good luck with that.

“goals to set to get my paramedic” Now that’s a good one. I can’t say that I made any goals on the road to paramedic other than the original of “I want to be a paramedic.” I’ve given it a little thought and here are a few I’ve come up with that I inadvertently made along the way.

#1 Read “resqellie.blogspot.com aka ‘A Work in Progress’” in its entirety. Start here. Publish it.
#2 Learn every bone in the body and be able to recognize a left fibula from a right one. While you're at it, learn every muscle, its origin, insertion, and action.
#3 Figure out what the term "Squirrel" really means and illustrate the diversity of the word. (squirrely, to squirrel, squirreled)
#4 Unseat Bryan Bledsoe as the lord of all things paramedic
#5 Become a consummate professional
#6 Watch every episode of "Emergency!". Know the sound of those tones. This is very important.
#7 Be able to read a textbook even if you don't find it interesting in the slightest. Do not be frightened by a 20lb book. (you may need a doorstop one day)
#8 Do not be intimidated by being wrong. (I'm still working on that one)
#9 Love your job, even on the bad days.
#10 Learn what a Public Utility Model is inside and out. You never know when it will come in handy.

Finally here are some pictures of mountain bike trails if you're interested. I took them last week. Yes, it was January. Yes, it was 60 degrees. Yes, I am weirded out.

Comments

Anonymous said…
pokie!

you forgot make good friends along the way

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs