Oh, I don't know

Firstly, some new pictures. Pictures that will more quickly describe what I have been up to in recent weeks than my slow updates will. Camping in PA, visiting Fallingwater, attending world championship horse pulling, mediating at Walden pond, visiting Maine, biking, kayaking, and butterfly stalking.

I have been busy lately and I start my new part time job this Tuesday (and there is much rejoicing.) I'm back on the 911 side of things in a hospital based chase car. And by chase 'car' I mean an F250 Super Duty extended cab that is totally pimp. Hopefully, as my available hours become more numerous, I can eventually leave my current job completely.

Speaking of the current job, I received one of the best greetings in the history of private ambulance transports: “We’ve cleaned up most of the blood.” Ooh, thought I, this has to be good. The patient was actually bleeding from their trach site. (the place where a permanent breathing tube is inserted into the neck) This is certainly not normal, especially as they had already suctioned about 300ml of blood from her airway. Blood was literally flowing from the incision site. The scariest part was that somehow this was not even classified as a Paramedic call. Well, it was a fun change of pace to actually do some skills and take a patient that really needed care.

Google search term of the week: “is work better than school”

Upon reading this, my initial thought was "Dear God, NO!" I reminisced about the awesomeness that is college. I would actually still be there if it weren't for the basic need of making money instead of spending it.
But, work can be very good too. Fun and educational, just like school. But who am I kidding, no one loves work. At least not like they loved school. Sometimes I wish I could go back to the utopian society that we created at school. Alas, time marches on and it becomes clear that one cannot live on rice krispie treats and Chinese food alone. Besides, super nerds like me will still hit the books, even after graduation.

Oh yeah, Kitty says 'hello' and 'give me some treats, human!'

Comments

Michael said…
Everybody loves a nurse...

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs