Fixed! (reprise)

Today the truck returned to me and was given a clean bill of health. Well, except that the tires are dry rotted, and there is still that damn ding in the windshield. To celebrate, we went out and got new tires. The ding, I’ll have to address tomorrow.
This whole stupid accident only took 22 days and 48+ hours of labor to resolve. I’m here to issue a public apology to the truck for causing it to have such a long hospital stay. I am shamed.

But we are now reunited…cut to flashback of Ellie running across the parking lot. Cut to the truck sitting in its parking space. Cut to Ellie running across the parking lot, arms wide. Cut to the truck sitting in its parking space. Cut to Ellie running across the parking lot, eyes welling with tears. Cut to the truck sitting in its parking space. Cut to Ellie lovingly embracing the hood of the truck. Cut to the truck sitting in its parking space while Ellie hugs it. (the embrace becomes uncomfortably long) Cut to Ellie slowly realizing that she has attracted a crowd. She backs away from the truck.
“I, uh,” she stammers, “I really like this truck.” She whispers in an attempt to justifiy her actions; more to herself than anyone else. So happy to see it restored to its former glory.

It went something like that. Now the kayak season can resume.
May the truck take me on many more of this life’s adventures.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Hysterical!! I can see this actually happening!! A girl and her truck - a beautiful thing!!! Drive on!

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs