Blogging 101: updates

So, I’ve been meaning to update for about three weeks, and somehow I am only getting around to it now. A lot of things are going on at once but that is no excuse to neglect the old blog for so long.

I’ll start with a 24 I did a few weeks ago before I went home for a week. The day half I worked with my friend and roommate, it was good fun. Thanks to that day, whenever I’m feeling down, I just think of Andy helping a drunk, naked, middle aged fat guy to put on some pants and I feel much better. Ah, gets me every time! Wow was he drunk. Like, 30 pack of bud drunk.

Before that we took two patients at once after a guy decided to turn left from the right lane. Before that we had a lady who said she was "kickboxed" by someone. I’m not exactly sure what that means. We started with a guy who slipped on the ice and dislocated his shoulder. We tried to make him comfortable, but he refused pain meds. We ended the night with a call for foot pain. This call was probably the crap call that made me the most angry ever. The patient had twisted her ankle on Saturday and decided to call us at 2 am two days later!! I almost wanted to sternly inform her of her horrid misuse of the emergency system, but cooler heads prevailed and I just drove to the hospital. Very rarely do I want to actually refuse to take people. I feel if those people sue me, I should be able to sue them for, um, stupidity. Yes, a stupidity fine. I would say that this woman owes me about 500 dollars. That would be nice. So, in nearly 24 hours we took one person to the hospital that actually needed it. What a day.

More to follow soon I swear! Further wedding/moving details, the kayak twin, an unexpected trip home, and a cool interfacility call!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs