A six shooter?!

Yesterday my friend from work took me to a shooting range. I think it’s his personal goal to convert all the liberals he knows into gun carrying NRA members. I had never shot a gun, so I agreed to go. He showed me all the ins and outs of the guns he owned and that we would shoot. He has a 9mm and a .357 revolver. I was actually excited to learn something about guns. But once I had a loaded 9mm in my hands, I pretty much felt nothing but terror.
Even after I got used to shooting the guns, I was still scared of them. Every time I shot I was surprised and wanted to scream like a...well, like a girl. I’m not sure why I didn’t find it a very satisfying activity. I was a little disappointed that I felt only slightly bad ass as I loaded the clip into the handle of the 9.

Although, I was surprisingly not half bad, I managed to hit the target, and if it had been a real person, he would have bled out eventually, or at the very least would have been scared. I was good at liver or spleen shots. Then my friend took a turn and hit 6 head shots in a row.
I’m sure that going to the range once is a good life experience. I’m very sure that the pictures of me will be hilarious once I get them back. I’m also very sure that I don’t want or need a gun. But at least now if I find myself in a shoot out or car chase with a rogue international criminal, and they hand me one of these guns, I could probably hold my own.

Oh yeah, in the "live free or die" state, you can conceal a weapon for only $15. How comforting.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I am very glad that in the UK we have reasonably strict laws regarding guns, and that a shooting is a rare enough event to make the national news most of the time. They scare the crap outta me!
"Oh yeah, in the "live free or die" state, you can conceal a weapon for only $15. How comforting."

Of course, criminals can, and do, conceal their weapons for free. The folks who shelled out the $15 aren't who you should fear.

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs