Wedding List

I find few things more satisfying than making a list and then crossing the items out as they are completed/accomplished. In school I did this all the time, and eventually started writing lists on the mirrored closet doors in my room. The structure of lists combined with the great squeak of a marker as I crossed things out was very pleasing.
No surprise, I recently compiled a list of things that need to be done for the wedding. It came out to be about 5 pages long, and included pretty much everything. Thankfully, after my visit home last week I can pull out a big black marker and draw a line through several important things.

venue, check
caterer, check
photographer, check
florist, checkish
bridesmaid dresses, almost check
invitations, check and ready to be printed
ring, cleaned and inspected
groom, check plus
pre-marital counseling, one check out of three
centerpieces, okay, so that one’s not quite crossed out yet, but hey.

Other than that, it seemed that time slowed down for us. We went hiking, explored our now ice covered favorite river, watched a couple of movies, did doughnuts, took apart and put back together shelving units, picked out dishes, and went to the mall. Ooh, and the cuddling, oh so much cuddling. And yet, not nearly enough.

Wedding planning is fun, but probably more fun when you’re pressed for time. Things are a lot simpler when you’re not bogged down by minutia. I’m happy if the photographer uses film and the florist uses flowers. The nitty-gritty will be sorted out later. Now that the major things are out of the way I can breathe a little easier, and take the time to think about the little details.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs