One Thing

One thing can change your life, one thing has changed mine recently. It has caused me to laugh and cry and be overwhelmed. One thing caused me to drink half a bottle of champagne and laugh a laugh of pure happiness. A small thing that will make big changes, it will change where I live, change where I work, change my bank accounts. Because of it I’ll need a new passport, a new license, a new library card. I’ve gone into stores because it needed good lighting. It has prompted unsolicited advice, surprised, hidden in a pocket. It has caught the eye of strangers, gone unnoticed, attracted a crowd. It has caused me to willingly buy a dress, to set a date, to stress. It has caused me untold joy, made me marvel at human emotion, to prioritize. It encompasses a love, two lives, two families. It came with a question, it prompted an answer. It is that one thing: a ring.

Comments

Anonymous said…
ellie is too darn poetic.... hehe
Anonymous said…
Beautifully stated! I hope the happiness and love last a lifetime!
Anonymous said…
Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs