Leave, freeze, or die

Winter has come to the forest, finally. After a nice ice storm at the beginning of last week, we had a couple more inches on top of that. So, still not seasonably snowy, but at least the ground is white! Oh yeah, and its really cold. On Tuesday when I woke up, it was 2 degrees! I went on a call that evening, and I think that my ears froze off. My hands were also in need of serious help. After I got the refusal, I hid in Andy’s car and wrote my report.

I learned one thing you don’t want to hear as your heading toward the nurses station, about to pick up a patient: “Smell that? Yeah, that’s your patient.”

So, today I had my pottery class which was great. I don’t know what it is, there’s something very visceral about pottery that I love. Plus, it’s a good way to fill up time until I move back to the home state. Then, I got new brakes for the truck. It had been making this horrible noise and one of my wheels may be coated in a permanent layer of brake dust and other crap. But almost $300 later, I can stop without issue. That’s good.
Then I got my 3rd hep B vaccine, and a PPD. Ah, I love a job that potentially exposes you to harmful diseases! I also got some pics developed which I’ll post once I get inspired to shrink them down and what not.

Comments

--maddog said…
Four years of school. Hideous testing process (repeated in every jurisdiction). Then working your but off to be accepted.

“Smell that? Yeah, that’s your patient.”

That makes it all worthwhile.

HAR!

I love EMS!

--maddog

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs