Finally

Okay, so some details: actual engagement happened just before thanksgiving, but we kept it a secret, mostly so that over Christmas I could tell pretty much my entire family at once. That was fun as they were all surprised and excited. As for plans: there is a date, a venue, a dress, honeymoon flights, and a guest list. That’s about as far as we’ve gotten. I’ll be going home in a few weeks, hopefully to iron out the rest of the big things, caterer, flowers, photographer, bridesmaids dresses…the list of things to do is scary.

Most of my time at home was spent catching up with old friends, and introducing them to my fiancé. Then we both came back up to NH, and enjoyed a few days together. We went up north to Kittery and Freeport Maine, and fantasized about kayaks and kayak gear. It was here that I procured my new paddle which is still patiently waiting to meet water. We took full advantage of LL Beans 24/7 hours, and stayed until about 1am trying out tents and sleeping bags. We spent an unusual amount of time at the mall, but I ended up finally picking new glasses, and I got Rx sunglasses too! Picking new specs is a lot easier with someone else, especially if that someone else has to look at you for the rest of their life.
We also went down to Peabody, MA and test drove an 06 Mini Cooper S. Well, he drove, I just enjoyed the ride, and the insane dealer who was encouraging us not to look at the odometer and to take corners at 80mph. The mini is a far off purchase, but it was fun to shop.

We finally had some wintry weather this week in the form of a little ice/snow storm. Not much accumulation, but it made all of the trees out back look awesome covered with a delicate layer of ice. Pictures to follow whenever I get around to developing them (hopefully soon). I’m still waiting for some good accumulation for skiing. Hilarity will ensue.

As for work: not too much exciting has happened lately. I did only 6 calls this weekend, and watched an inordinate amount of football. Everyone at work was shocked at my lack of football knowledge. Is it normal to take 23 years to figure out what a first down is? Our night shift was either psych problems, or people who had smoked weed and then felt funny. I’m not sure, but isn’t that the point of weed? I recommended that they get a new dealer.

Today I started my winter pottery class. There are only four students, and wheel work is as fun as I remembered it from high school. I’m excited to have 10 more weeks to play with clay. I’ve definitely put a potters wheel back on my list of ridiculous things to buy. Right next to the mini cooper.

Comments

PFRussell said…
You have no idea how close you were to where I grew up when you were in Peabody!!! I even know the owner of that dealership you went to!

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs