Admission is the first step

I’ve come to terms with the fact that the flatwater kayaking season is basically over. Although it’s warmish during the days, all of the lakes are currently sporting a nice layer of ice. Also, I don’t yet own a proper dry top, or wet suit. In celebration of the kayak season ending, I bought a new Werner paddle. It is awesome, made of carbon, 210cm long, two pieces, beautiful, and weighs about a pound and a half. I don’t want to wait until spring to use it, oh well. Until then, I’ll just admire it, and pet it, and air-paddle with it. I should mount it on the wall, or above the fireplace like a prized rifle.

By the way, a new paddle is not the most exciting thing to go on as of late, just the simpler entry to write. Ooh, according to my counter, the ole blog has received more than 10,000 hits, sweet! That's also not the most exciting thing to go on as of late, but a close second! Tomorrow is my one year anniversary with the truck! I think I'll take it out to dinner, or find a big puddle to drive through, it likes that. Again, sorry, but not the most exciting thing to go on as of late (more updates soon!)

Google search term of the week: “how to throw a party like in the 1800s” Okay, I’ll admit it, I’ve been to colonial Williamsburg more times than is recommended by the surgeon general. And if you’d really like, I’m sure that I could help you pull of a rocking party like the 1800s, or at the very least the late 1700s; just drop me a line.

Comments

PFRussell said…
ELLIE... Miss ya, whatcha been up to? Any good runs lately?

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs