T-giving weekend

I would give this thanksgiving weekend a rating of about 22.6 on a scale of 1-10, 10 being the best thanksgiving ever, 1 being no thanksgiving at all. Surprises, turkey, double time at work, Christmas presents, planning, frivolity, love, and general good times abounded.

Not much really exciting or overly holiday related happened when I worked Thanksgiving night. Basically I was able to hang out with my baby for awhile at work, and I was woken up about every 3 hours after he left. We had a fall, 2 non cardiac chest pains, quasi choking, and some other stuff that I can’t even remember. The choking was real, but resolved by the time we arrived, it was also marginally holiday related. I guess the rest of the city was in a post thanksgiving stupor of some sort.
We also had a guy who’s finger got twisted into a pneumatic drill. It pulled the skin a bit, but nothing horrible. Controlled bleeding and such. I patched it in to the hospital as I saw it (nothing to get excited about) and when we arrived we walked the patient into the first trauma bay, and we were greeted by a fair amount of staff (especially considering it was about 4am) all wearing their trauma gowns and masks and looking very serious. I felt a bit silly walking the patient at that point and I wondered if I said anything weird on the patch that would lead them to believe that it was really bad. I chalked it up to them being bored.

On Saturday we went to Boston to see the Bodyworlds exhibit at the museum of science. All I have to say is that it was really creepy, even to me, but worth every penny. It was super cool and good fun, as was the rest of the science museum. After that we drove aimlessly with our crappy map and ended up at a nice market type place where we ate clam chowder, watched some street performers, and basked in the glow of a fun, bustling Christmassy city.

The rest of the weekend was just plain awesome, although we didn’t do too much. We visited a lot of stores, and enjoyed being together.

Comments

Anonymous said…
I enjoyed being with you too! I had a ton of fun :) 25 days!!

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs