So, Last Week

My parents came up north for a little visit, and we did all kinds of local things. On Sunday we sent to the seacoast and enjoyed hanging at the beach when no one else is around.
On Monday we went to Salem, MA and burned some witches. Well, actually we didn’t because it turns out you need a permit to burn witches in Salem. But, you can put supposed witches on a large scale to see if they weigh as much as a duck.

On Tuesday, we went to a shaker village in Canterbury, NH. I learned that shakers are totally weird. Weird like a highly organized pacifist cult. It is fairly amazing that they lasted so long, and had thousands of followers when their membership was based on adopting orphans and recruitment. The shakers lived in completely self sufficient communities, made their own clothes, food, buildings, etc. Okay, I’ve even bored myself at this point, so I’ll stop.

Finally, on Wednesday we went to visit the LL Bean flagship store in Maine. I got a new hiking day bag, which will hopefully inspire me to go hiking more often. It’s pretty sweet. We all had a good time surrounded by retail. Dad and I had a most delicious clam chowder at a local restaurant. I’m no expert, and I usually dislike seafood in general (I know I am a poor Marylander and New Englander) but this cowdah was awesome!

We relaxed and packed up on Thursday before I had to go to work. I thoroughly enjoyed myself during our little vacation. I was happy to show off our home improvement skills and our little one stop light town. I think they had a good time too. I didn’t even mind having an inflatable bed take up 90% of my office because I found the whole idea to be pretty hilarious.

More EMSie updates to follow soon. I am so far behind, I can barely remember what I’ve done lately. Good thing I write it down!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Theatres, trains, and museums, oh, my!