And, the rest of the calls

A cute kid who learned that grabbing a knife is not the greatest idea. Her new favorite pastime was yelling.

We've visited a few public places recently. A seizure in the mall, a back pain in a bank, and a fall at the dunkin’ dounuts. We resisted playing into our stereotypes and left without coffee or doughnuts.

A patient complaining of leg pain. Yes, I’d have leg pain too if my legs were as big around as my torso. I cannot even describe this patient to you; it causes me to lose my appetite. How people can treat their lives this way, I don’t know. I was thoroughly disturbed and skipped lunch.

A lovers spat that ended with assault with a bottle, belt, teeth, and HIV.

I did an overtime interfacility shift and we got posted to a local hospital and did nothing for several hours. I went out to the truck for a nap and I think that I got nap whiplash. I fell asleep and snapped my head back up so quickly it hurt. It didn’t stop me from more napping though.

I think our most interesting call last week was for another person who was a fan of huffing computer dusting spray. I could barely believe it, and this person was older than me! When we arrived, she was being held down by her father. She broke free and ran past us while the family was yelling at us to stop her. Um…I’m sorry, but she seems pretty mad, and I don’t want it to be at me. The police came and she calmed down a whole lot, handcuffs usually do that to people. We took her in while she ignored us completely. The day before she had huffed herself into unconsciousness. Addiction is an amazing influencer, I can only hope she realizes this and takes the help that’s offered to her.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Theatres, trains, and museums, oh, my!