Holy Cow, it’s the Fire Department!

After a long dry spell of interesting things to blog, it seems that in one day I’ve had at least a months worth of excitement. I can barely handle it! So. I’m going to start from the beginning (of my day that is).

Around 130 am today, Andy woke me up, and said “There’s smoke in the house.” What! I am not the easiest person to wake up, but I think I am getting better and faster at going from zero to competent, thanks to work.
I threw on a coat and opened the door to the hall and was met with this horrid, acrid smell of some sort of burning substance. Hey, I’m no firefighter. So, Andy was sniffing around the house trying to find the source of it. He was already up because he is a responsible volunteer type and was going to go to a real call that had come out a few minutes before he stepped into the hallway and smelled this smell. Instead of going to the original call, he decided to have some more firefighter types come over and check it out. So as the emergency apparatus came up the driveway, it was crazy, I felt like that kid from A Christmas Story, looking out the window excitedly shouting “Holy cow, It’s the fire department…geeze, it’s the cops!”

So, some fine citizens of our one stop light town came with a fire camera and Andy finally followed his nose correctly, right to a melted measuring cup on the heating element of the dishwasher.
I immediately stopped packing the truck with all of my prized possessions, and went outside to find Lou who, like the teacher she is, was at a safe distance from the house with the dog.

Then we opened up all the windows and tried to air out the dishwasher. I think it’s fixed now, but we’ll never measure 1/4th cup again. Oh well.

The rest of my totally exciting day tomorrow, I hope.

Comments

Carmelo said…
You're right that was exciting! :-D
Anonymous said…
That happened in the townhouse once with the plastic lid of a travel mug, the smell was so bad!

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs