Pre Birthday Birthday surprises!

Today was just lovely! As it is technically my weekend, I got to sleep in, hang out, surf the net and what-not. In the afternoon, (don’t ask me why I waited until it was a zillion degrees here) I found a new lake to kayak on. It took a about 30 minutes of driving around to find the public boat launch, but it was well worth the frustration. Oh, and by the way, Onway Lake is actually not accessible off of Onway Lake road, as any sane person may think (so, logic doesn’t always win.) Anyway, beautiful, giant lake. Fascinating geology, (pictures pending) lots of places to explore, and I even got to see some loons. I learned that watching people learn to water ski is pretty entertaining, and once they get the hang of it, riding the wakes from their speed boats is also pretty entertaining.

When I got home, Andy and Louisa made dinner, and then surprised me with cake and ice cream! And presents! So, I am now currently enjoying a new scented candle, and tomorrow at work I get to show off my new squirrelly radio strap. Fantastic!

Google search term of the day: “becoming a paramedic + getting over fear of blood” It might help, you know, a little trial by fire. Becoming a paramedic can also get you over your fear of driving erratically, lifting heavy objects, and talking to people.

I've also added a picture to the previous post to clarify any geographic questions.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Allow the folks in Frederick to add their birthday wishes to the ones you have already enjoyed!! We will be thinking of you tomorrow and will miss actually seeing you!! Have a wonderful day of speeding, running red lights, blood, guts and gore - anything that makes you happy, after all - it's your day!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs