New Layout! sort of

I was struck by a sudden need to change the look of the blog. I spent many hours deciphering css code on the template and doing a lot of guess and check work. I think it’s come out alright. A little more bucolic feel than the other layout, and a lot less generic.

This weekend was typical and atypical. Saturday was pretty routine, but we did get to use the always fun lights and sirens to go to a trouble breathing call. Sunday was bliss. 2 calls in 12 hours. The first was a 911 call to my one stop light town which was like a work reunion. Three other employees were there to greet us (who are also on the volunteer department here).
Our second call was another trouble breathing. We’ve really been getting a rash of those come to think of it. I’d say at least half of our calls in the last week or so have come out as trouble breathing, shortness of breath, asthma attack, oxygen deprived, not breathing enough, CO2 retention, cardiac arrest (which counts), and if we were British; difficulty in breathing.
Anyway, it came out as an interfacility emergency call, so, lights and sirens again! and…wheeeeeee! We also had the added bonus of a student along with us. This is still a bizarre reality for me having just ended my stint as a student.
I surprised myself when I realized I was really enjoying precepting this student. Coaching IVs, discussing heart rhythms, and considering making him do the patch to the hospital. It was good fun. I especially liked when he said he thought I had been doing this for a long time. I let him in on a little secret in EMS and medicine in general. Even if you’re not sure, look like you are. Sure, I’ll break out the protocol book to be ensure to get it right, I’ll get crazy nervous, be scared, and have many CRAFT moments (can’t remember a flipping thing), but nobody’s in on it but me. And everyone reading this.

Well, I hope you enjoy the new layout!

Comments

Ellie said…
P.S. to all my IE using peeps, I have no idea why the sidebar pic is repeated, will investigate later. (Or, you could all switch to mozilla.)
-Ellie
Anonymous said…
Site looks great, and the posts are as great as always. Keep it up.

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs