Liberate your Kayak!

Let me start at the beginning for you. I used to live a posh life, in a penthouse apartment outside of Baltimore. Maybe once a week or so I got to go out and play in a great river, bay, or lake. Then, one day, everything in the apartment was gone, and I found myself being driven somewhere. I caught a last glimpse of the patapsco river on the way out of town. When we arrived, back at Ellie’s house, I realize, I’m left outside, to be subjected to the elements and unwanted inhabitants. Finally, I was carried down the driveway and into a huge truck, and subsequently forced to tolerate a bumpy and hot 10 hour drive.
Since our arrival in New Hampshire, I think, I have been cooped up in a dank basement; for nearly three weeks now! I’ve watched sunny days come and go, watched downpours outside, knowing that back in Baltimore, this would be a good indication of an impending trip. But nothing! I’ve only seen Ellie and some other people come and go, leaving me, forgotten.

Then, today I was feeling hopeful, it’s 82 degrees, not a cloud in sight (from what I can see out the basement windows) maybe today would be the day. I watched helpless as Ellie left in the truck. But, a few hours later, she returned looking victorious, and ran upstairs. Minutes later, she returned, and I caught a peek at the paddle ends sticking out of the armful of things she was carrying. I can barely believe it as I was loaded into the truck and away we went! Half way there, I realize I don’t know where we’re going, I fear that were about to have a sad “Toy Story 2” moment, as Ellie leaves me on the side of the road.
Fortunately, after a very short distance, I realized that we’re actually going out on the water. It’s a lovely place, lot’s of water vegetation, trees, fresh air, and loveliness in general. Ellie took some pictures, and I can tell she feels as happy as I do to be out on the water again. We even stopped for lunch on a little island before heading back. I know now there are plenty of waterways to explore in this state, and Ellie intends to find them all.

I'm going to go dry off in the sun for awhile and leave it up to you to figure out how an inanimate object with no limbs or proper digits publishes a post.
-Love, Kopapa
P.S. ignore where it says "posted by Ellie" it's completely untrue.

Comments

Anonymous said…
poor Kopapa! *comforts kopapa*

bad ellie for keeping kopapa locked in the basement!

~mala
Anonymous said…
I miss kayaking with you....

I hope I can come visit sometime soon! Somehow I knew this post was about kayaking due to the telltale water bottle(s) in your post pic :)

Talk to you soon!

~Pimp Homey E ;)
Anonymous said…
Lucky Ellie to have Kopapa in her life. Mama Mia does not yet have her own Kayak baby, but purchase of same is on her long-range to-do list. Mama Mia also loves to kayak.

http://dustitwind.blogspot.com/2005_07_01_dustitwind_archive.html
http://dustitwind.blogspot.com/2005/08/life-lessons.html

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs