Packing...

Sucks! Apologies for the rudimentary word, but it feels like the only way to properly describe the few days it has taken to pack up my room at home.
After several sunlit days at UMBC after graduation, the inevitable was upon us as we had to pack it up and move out. I feel we utilized our days well, playing our favorite games, visiting friends, and eating a host of “college-only” foods. (bless you mini corn dogs, jalapeƱo poppers, ice cream, and mozzarella sticks.)
Move out day for lack of a better word, again, sucked. Let’s see…3 flights of stairs is about 42 stairs, and I would guess that I ended up going up and down about 30 times which makes about 2520 steps total. Needless to say, I could barely walk the next day. I must have looked quite ridiculous driving home, the truck filled to the brim, kayak on top, and my suitcase and vacuum cleaner strapped on top of the tonneau cover. I made it home in one piece without having anything fall off or visit another car’s windshield.

The last week was spent packing up my room here at home. I made three piles: things that would travel with me, things that I had to keep, but didn’t want to take, and things that went to the ultimate storage space: the trash bin. The purging process is good for the soul. I think I’m about ready now, with everything boxed up and taking up my parents’ entire living room. My bedroom is looking dreadfully bare, but alas, the inevitabilities of life. I’ve spent today sizing up the “packing it all in the moving van” situation. How does one do this? Simply stare at the room overflowing with your things while mumbling to yourself about what should go in the van and what should go in the truck with occasional outbursts about fragile being an Italian word.

The rest of this week I’ll be working, catching up with hometown friends, and, oh yeah, seeing KT Tunstall in concert! If that means nothing to you, google her immediately! I will not continue until you have memorized every word to “Black Horse and the Cherry Tree.” I’ll wait...whoo-hoo...whoo-hoo...I know, it’s great!

Google search term of the week: “Sign the guest book percocet” Now, I know that being guest book girl is a difficult job heavy laden with responsibility, but there’s no need to resort to drug use! Let me know, I can give you some tips to take the edge off…without the percocet.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs