Kazoos?!

On Thursday, I spent an evening in the district with Ewing and Ana. We went to see KT Tunstall, who I’m sure you’re all well versed about by now, after all of your research. It was an excellent show, and we were in the very front. So close that I could read the set list! I bought a t-shirt, so now I feel my debt is repaid to her for the mysterious circumstances in which I acquired her music. Much like how the British “acquired” the Elgin marbles from the Greeks.
While waiting for the festivities to begin, we noticed a great variety in the instruments on stage ready to play us good music. We even joked about what they were missing. No bagpipes for a Scottish singer? No kazoo! No washboard! No way! Well, little did we know that a kazoo ended up playing prominently in one song, along with a trash can lid, how random and ingenious! The fact that there were no bagpipes was made up for when I realized one of her band mates was wearing a black pinstriped kilt, hot!

Today, my parents and I went to a lake to test out kayaks with a local outfitter. It was good fun, and I learned the rudders are hot, kopapa is a great kayak, and play boats are great, as long as you don’t want to go in a straight line.

I’m on the cusp of declaring myself ready to move on Monday, I’m sure that after I’ve duct-taped the last box, I’ll find something else to put in it. Such is life.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs