National New Car Day

Yes, January 11th 2006 is national new car day (well, not really.) Either way, I’m getting a new car. My dream car in fact. A ’03 Explorer Sport Trac. My mom and I happened to see it on my cousin’s used car lot. The next day mom called and asked if we could drive it. I shouldn’t have driven it. I knew I wanted it as soon as I got in. Mom and Dad have made it happen, really. I’m indebted to them. No, really, I owe them money. So every day at work has become a car part. Like today, I bought a door, yesterday the headlights, etc. Thinking of work this way is very nice. It makes it much easier to say that I don’t mind staying an hour over.

But all this excitement doesn’t mean that giving up my current truck will be easy. (although I’m keeping it in the family) Images of us together have been floating through my mind. Skipping through fields of wildflowers, walking along the beach at sunset, jumping in big piles of leaves, sliding on the ice and snow…that time when Mike and I stole a campaign sign, and instead of throwing it in the bed, he stuffed the huge thing into the cab and I pulled away quickly, questioning his sanity. Also, I remember when my father’s chair fell out of the back onto the highway, when some wonton criminal backed into the taillight and drove off, and that time when Mike was driving and pulled away just as I went to sit on the tailgate, nearly killing me…ah, those were the days.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs