Return to the City

After an uneventful weekend, aside from getting to hang out with my niece and nephews, today I returned to the illustrious city.

If it hadn’t been for said relatives, the weekend may have been a complete loss. Yes, I did have a helicopter shift. We did get to fly to another hangar for maintenance. Other than that, I did some homework, got pretty far into my ‘remind me what happened’ reading of Harry Potter 4, and even watched an entire football game. That should show you how bored I was. A visiting boy scout troop broke up the monotony of the day, a bit.

But, back to today. Because I have been one of the lucky few to not be assigned a city preceptor yet, I’ll be borrowing everyone else’s. I rode today with a supervisor truck which was pretty cool. Basically we rode around and squirreled calls that sounded interesting. I was reminded of how much I enjoyed my city shifts last year.
We had a heroin overdose who ‘got distracted’ on the way to rehab, a fender bender, twins ready to be born, a suicidal 12 year old, an anxious faker, and a wheezy drunk. The best part of the supervisor truck is that you don’t have to take the patients to the hospital. Just wait for the ambo, and it’s ‘bye, see ya!’
Also, I got to go the wrong way down MLK blvd. which was totally fun!

Comments

Anonymous said…
Want to hear more about the twins. And you spelled herion wrong.
Ellie said…
Thanks for the spell check.
Patient, younger than I am, pregnant and in labor with twins (her 3rd and 4th). Due in January, contractions 2 min apart, water broken, later found out she was 6 cm dilated. That's all I know.

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs