A Seniors Lament

Oh, to be learning about heart blocks and types of shock! Sitting outside, armed with calipers and a thick packet of EKG strips, analyzing them until I went blind…those were the days! Gone are the times of intubation races, putting 18 gauges in my friends’ arms, memorizing assessment sheets, drip calculations…alas…

Now, I’m stuck at my desk reading about peak load staffing, cream skimming, and economics of scale. What exactly is a public utility model, anyway?
I’ve been trying to get ahead in my homework before clinicals officially begin for me next week. Unfortunately, I find some of the work…well, er, not engaging. Yeah, that’s nice. Classes are interesting, amazingly so, but that doesn’t necessarily transfer into homework. But in fact, (don’t tell the management students) I’ve actually learned stuff! And, enjoyed it!

Other than that I’ve reacquainted myself with late-night, met a frog, found a kitten, worked the system, and ‘donated blood.’

Comments

Anonymous said…
Cream skimming??
Found a kitten!!??? Oh no-o-o-o!!
Say it ain't so. Shades of Casper!

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs