Salty!

Went kayaking today on the Chesapeake, launching from my roommates house on the bay. We went out for about three hours. I’d kayaked the area before, but this was kopapas first salt water experience.
On the way back to the house we thought it would be an easier paddle but somehow it turned out that the waves were doing more harm for us than good. At one point it seemed I had been paddling for 10 straight minutes and hadn’t actually gotten anywhere. But riding the waves or, wakes, rather as there were many large boats enjoying Labor day, was good fun. It was a bit harder to get into my Zen kayaking mode because I had to pay attention to the waves, jet skis, Ewing, jellyfish, excessive sea vegetation, and the relatively constant threat of capsize. The day has rekindled my interest in going surf kayaking. Although I think I would fail spectacularly at it, I’d like to give it a try.

As for school, all is going well. Then again, I’ve only had one day’s worth of classes so far. The rush for clinical time has already started, I’m signed up for five shifts so far, not starting until the 23rd, uh! It's a good thing the schedule is online, otherwise there would be a lot of hair pulling and pushing in general to get these shifts (they're precious, yes...) As for now it’s just a digital punch when you realize that currently the first available times for a certain clinical site are in December. (shock, horror!)
There are a few kinks to be ironed out in the clinical world, having a new clinical coordinator and a new scheduling system, but I think it’ll prove to be an interesting and enjoyable semester.

Comments

Anonymous said…
Oh thank goodness I didn't know you were doing that.

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs