TKO...ouch

Yeah, I'm down for the count. And the day started out so nicely. Wait, no it didn't. The 5 o'clock hour and I rarely meet, and never under good terms. It was nice to see everybody today and help to calm their nerves by sharing my NREMT practical experience.
I was (and always have been) dead confident in the skills for this test. I had no reason to think that I wouldn't pass one station, again. In fact, failing today completely caught me by surprise. I'm fairly certain that I uttered some unfriendly words under my breath in front of the registry rep. I didn't really care. I feel hurt, let down by my supposed confidence. I also feel let down by the national registry and its ability to "assess the knowledge and skills necessary for competent practice." It's so helpful when they refuse to tell you why you fail a specific station. That really aids in the learning process.
In failing this station today I am not alone. In failing to this extent, I am alone. Because I have failed one station an unfathomable three times I must receive remedial training and retake the entire practical. That makes so much sense. It's like a bizarre punishment for screwing up. It's irritating because I passed all off the difficult stations no problem, and now I get to do it all again. Thrilling. I feel ill.
I consider myself an even-tempered person. That's probably why it's harder for me to cope when I feel such strong emotions. Frustration is the worst.
Sorry for this downer of an update, I don't even feel better after having ranted a bit.

But, as a good friend says: I have a pulse, I'm breathing, and I have friends to take care of me, which makes me a profoundly lucky person.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Well, Well, Well

Dueling Blogs